Hey there, I’m Eduardo Lopez.
I help tech companies build customer-driven digital marketing programs. I’m currently a digital marketing consultant. I’m also a marketing, new media, and PR industry speaker, blogger, and avid runner. For the past 9+ years, I’ve been working hands-on with leading brands like AT&T and HP on various projects spanning digital marketing, social media, and analytics. I’m highly experienced in most digital practice areas and have built and managed communities of over 8 million users across Twitter (864K), Facebook (6.8M), Instagram (194K), and YouTube (209K).
Over the course of my career, I’ve worked on more than 1,100 crisis and reputation management projects and have provided marketing and content strategy for B2B & B2C brands across a variety of industries spanning technology, healthcare, financial services, consumer packaged goods and nonprofits.
Now I’m sharing everything I’ve learned in my newsletter. If you’d like to get proven career guidance and digital marketing tips direct to your inbox, subscribe to my mailing list. You’ll be in good company with over 2,000 other technology leaders, entrepreneurs, and digital marketers.
So what will you find on Going CEO?
- Digital marketing tools, strategies and tactics
- Career guidance and tips
- Entrepreneurship resources
Why is it called Going CEO?
Today marketing and technology is less about sales and product demos and much more about engaging with customers and creating experiences. This site is a resource for tech and marketing professionals ditching traditional paths and embracing the Chief Engagement Officer title.
Some of my work…
Tasked with reaching US Hispanic consumers, I led a team to create a platform to reinforce our brand promise of Mobilizing Your World among ambicultural consumers. The campaign engaged consumers digitally, socially, and through on-site experiences at sports and entertainment venues. Events included an interactive activation zone during Futbol Fiesta tailgate parties, audience-driven concert experiences using technology, Hispanic Heritage month promotions leading to the Canelo vs. Smith boxing match at AT&T stadium, and a millennial-focused Latin Grammy pre-party in Las Vegas.
- Soccer: 150,000 attendees, 40 million impressions
- Concerts: 35,000 attendees, 70 million impressions
- Boxing: 51,200 attendees, 14 million , 3,000 pay-per-views
- Latin Grammy: 623 attendees, 70.3 million social media impressions
- Digital & Social: 266 million unique impressions and 2,774 shares
- Microsite: 193,602 unique monthly visits
- Sweepstakes: 3,190 entries
- Video views: 1.3 million unique views
- Product: 50% increase in the Instant Ink subscription adoption rate
- Digital: 24,000 families reconnected over the #NeverRunOut storybook
- Search: Improved Google ranking for both “printer cartridge” and “online ink”
When Verizon launched a national ad campaign attacking T-Mobile, we needed to redirect the conversation and remind industry reporters and analysts about the speed, strength, and size of T-Mobile’s network. Our team crashed the competitors’ parties by barging in on their earnings calls with drinking games. We developed a T-Mobile earnings call drinking game with game boards and sent a selection of energy drinks like Red Bull and coffee to key financial reporters on call mornings. Digital versions went out to a broader list of contacts via email. The approach dominated conversations in news, blogs, and social media.
- 32 media stories and 4.8 million unique impressions
- Infiltration of Verizon’s Q4 earnings coverage alone rose by 50% YoY
- Competitors earnings coverage dominated by mentions of T-Mobile among key influencers, tech media, and financial analysts
In partnership with global publisher Rosen Books, my first book teaches you how to use the power of social media to attract the notice of colleges and employers. Learn how to think put your projects front and center among followers, which increasingly include teachers, college recruiters, and potential employers or business partners. Your online presence can affect your future—both positively and negatively. I walk you through how to make sure your social media reflects well to prospective schools and employers, and give you the tools to curate a digital footprint for guaranteed success.